Hired help becomes necessary when starting a business. However your decision regarding the selection of people that you hire is very crucial. Usually first time entrepreneurs would go for people who would agree to work on minimal wages and are able to merely complete the task that is given to them. They hire them because they are unable to tend to smaller tasks themselves due to the shortage of time and excess of work and not because the employees have the capability of bringing ingenious ideas to the company.
What I have learned through my own experience is that both you and your business cannot progress forward if you don’t have smart people on your team; and not just average intelligent but people who are even smarter than you. There is no reason to feel intimidated by smart people; instead they should be utilized to their full potential. Most people fear that hiring smart people would only involve the risk of losing their business to the hired help. However, it is not so; on the contrary, you will be able to reach goals that you didn’t think possible in a short amount of time.
Here are five reasons you should hire people who are smarter than you.
1. No More Micromanaging – When you hire smart people then you will not have to micromanage anymore. Micromanaging each task and supervising each employee can not only be time consuming but it is also going to consume all your productive energy. Therefore if you hire really competent people, you will have a lot of time on your hands to do some productive brainstorming.
2. New Ideas – Hiring people who are smarter than you has another advantage. It is going to help you move forward instead of remaining stagnant at one place. If the people you hired are more capable than you are in a particular field then it means that they will be able to bring in new ideas and suggest new routes to you which you could not have done yourself otherwise.
3. Inspiration – When you will be surrounded with smarter people around you, it is very likely that you are going to feel inspired to do new things. When motivated and passionate people come together, the atmosphere is likely to be charged with a positive vibe.
4. Confidence – Hiring smarter people will simply generate a feeling of pride and confidence in you. You are going to feel more self-assured about your venture than you ever were and this will aid in making your business a success.
5. Better Image – Both you and the smarter people around you will present a very positive image about your newly established firm and it will help in marketing the brand name.
Hiring people who are smarter than you is one of the best decisions that you make regarding your business.